Saturday, June 27, 2009

Day 6 - "And the heat goes on . . ."

Saturday found us again with temperatures in the upper 90's. I am still in Grove, OK with my Indian riding buddies. There is supposed to be an article about our reunion at www.grand-chronicle.com I did about a 75 mile ride today in the blistering heat. Am riding in shorts for some comfort, but will put long pants on tomorrow as I return to Route 66.

Stopped in the town of Afton, OK to see Laurel Kane at her remodeled gas station. They have quite a collection of Packards in the service bay along with the usual memorabilia and souvenirs.

We enjoyed homemade spaghetti this evening for supper and I helped prepare the meatballs.

Other than that, we are all trying to keep cool. A front is supposed to pass through this evening that should be some relief. Scattered thunderstorms are predicted for tomorrow, so I am hoping that it stays cool and dry. Hoping to reach Texas by tomorrow evening. Time will tell.

My rommate from NY is planning to make Bowling Green KY by day's end. He will not be taking any stops for the tourist traps. Will finish repacking this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment